4 Years / 8 Semester Programme
Bachelor of Information Management (BIM)
Affiliation: Tribhuvan University
Faculty: Faculty of Management
Duration: 4 years
Academic System: Semester Based
Tribhuvan University has come up with the idea of integrating Management courses with IT and initiated the BIM program. This course is envisaged to enable students to develop skill in information technology, and at the same time make them able to understand the professional expertise while they occupy decision making positions. In Nepal more than 26 Business/IT colleges offers Bachelor of Information Management (BIM) program with affiliation from Tribhuvan University.
Information Management is the study of information and communication systems in business and administration, and is becoming increasingly relevant to other fields as well. Information Management includes development and application of theories, ideas, models, methods, and tools in order to analyze, configure, and use information systems.
Information Management relies on approaches used in business administration, economics, and computer science; it integrates these and supplements them with approaches that are specific to this subject area. The program is interdisciplinary in nature and courses are borrowed from many different disciplines like Management, Economics, Computer Science, Psychology and Sociology
The Bachelor of Information Management (BIM) is a special purpose program in semester system designed to develop socially responsible, scientifically approached / creative, and result oriented Information Technology (IT) professionals. The program intends to equip students with the skills and attributes required to be effective and efficient IT professionals.
Objective of the Program
The mission of this program is to develop socially responsible, scientifically approached and result oriented information technology (IT) professionals. The specific objectives of the program are to:
- Prepare IT professionals proficient in the use of computers and computational techniques in order to develop effective information systems to solve real life problems in the organizational milieu
- Develop students’ skill in object-oriented software design methods and data management systems.
- Provide professional training to students by combining information technology with managerial skills
- Prepare students to proceed on to post graduate level study in information management within and outside the country
Eligibility for Admission
The candidate applying for BIM program:
- Should have successfully completed a twelve year of schooling in the any stream or equivalent from any university, board or institution recognized by TU.
- Should have secured a minimum of ‘D+’ grade with CGPA 1.8 or more in the 10+2 or equivalent on each subjects.
- Candidate must pass the Central Management Admission Test conducted by FoM,TU.
All students are required to complete a minimum of 126 credit hours of foundation management and IT Courses.
|IT and Computer Courses||60|
|Internship and Summer Projects||6|
|Letter||Cumulative Grade Point||Average Division|
|A||3.5 to 4.00||First division with distinction|
|B||2.5 to 3.4||First division|
|C||2.0 to 2.4||Second division|
|D||1.5 to 1.9||Pass in indvidual paper|
|E||0 to 1.4||Fail|
- Data Analyst
- Survey Management
- Financial Officer
- Software Developer
- Network Administrator