4 Years / 8 Semester Programme
Bachelors of Computer Application (BCA)
Affiliation: Tribhuvan University
Faculty: Faculty of Social Science and Humanities
Duration: 4 years
Academic System: Semester Based
Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) is a program launched by Tribhuvan University from the academic year 2074/75. Initially, this program was launched in six different constituent campuses of Tribhuvan University with 35 seats each.
Currently 120 colleges are running BCA program with the affiliation from Tribhuvan University. The BCA program of TU is of 4 years. The program runs on semester-system. It will be run under the faculties of Humanities and Social Sciences.
The objective of the BCA program of Tribhuvan University is to produce high quality computer application users and developers. The program of study for Bachelor of Arts in Computer Application (BCA) is over a period of eight semesters (four academic years). The academic year begins in the September and February of each year. The medium of instruction and examination in the Bachelor of Arts in Computer Application (BCA) program is English.
Eligibility for Admission
The candidate applying for BCA program:
- Should have successfully completed a twelve year of schooling in the any stream or equivalent from any university, board or institution recognized by TU.
- Should have secured a minimum of ‘D+’ grade with CGPA 2.0 or more in the 10+2 or equivalent on each subjects.
- Should have the minimum score of second division marks in 10+2, PCL or equivalent in any discipline
- Students who have passed grade 11 and are waiting for supplementary exam (PURAK PARIKSHA) of grade 12 can also apply. However, they have to submit all the required documents at the time of admission.
- Candidate must pass the entrance examination conducted by TU.
All students are required to complete a minimum of 126 credit hours of computer science and allied courses.
|Computer Application (Core Courses)||71 (4*2+ 3*21)|
|Elective Courses||12 (3+3+3+3)|
|Mathematics and Statistics Courses||9 ( 3+3+3)|
|Language Courses||6 (3+3)|
|Social Sciences and Management Courses||15 (3+3+3+3+3)|
|Project & Internships||13 (2+2+6+3)|
|Letter||Grade||Grade Point Description|
|D||1.0||Work satisfying minimum requirement for Credit|
BCA graduates can apply for a post of system analysts, system managers, project managers, database administrators, system designers and programmers in IT Companies. Information industries and manufacture industries are always seeking for BCA graduates.
Students completing their Bachelor’s degree in Computer Application are further eligible to study in any faculties which come under the Management and Information Technology such as MCA, MIT, MBA and many more.
- System Analysis
- Database Administrator
- System developing and designing
- Application designing
- Web developing
- Software testing