4 Years / 8 Semester Programme
Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
Affiliation: Tribhuvan University
Faculty: Faculty of Management
Duration: 4 years
Academic System: Semester Based
The Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM) programme of Tribhuvan University has been designed to prepare the students to enter the hospitality industry at the supervisory level in area of hotel and catering operations.BHM program of Tribhuvan University is a four year, 8 semester program which is offered in more than 10 Hotel Management colleges of Nepal.
Up on graduation the student of Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM) will be able to:
- Occupy supervisory positions in the hotel and catering industry with adequate background of management functions;
- Acquire basic technical and social skills for professional handling of hotel and catering operations;
- Apply cost control measures for greater economy and success of business operations;
- Set standards for quality assurance of the services offered to customers;
- Develop positive attitudes towards the trade with greater initiative and self confidence in handling the operations: and
- Become a successful entrepreneur in a small/medium size enterprise.
Eligibility for Admission
The candidate applying for BHM program:
- Should have successfully completed a twelve year of schooling in the any stream or equivalent from any university, board or institution recognized by TU.
- Should have secured a minimum of ‘D+’ grade with CGPA 1.8 or more in the 10+2 or equivalent on each subjects.
- Candidate must pass the Central Management Admission Test conducted by FoM,TU.
BHJM program will have eight semesters with 123 credit hours. Each semester shall have duration of 6 months.
|Industrial Exposure and Project Work||15|
|Elective Courses (Any One)||3|
|A-||3.7||3.7 to 3.99||Very Good|
|B+||3.3||3.3 to 3.69||First division|
|B||3.0||3.0 to 3.29||Second division|
|B-||2.7||2.7 to 2.99||Pass in individual paper|
|F||2.7 below||Below 2.70||Fail|
- Catering Officer
- Marketing/ Sales Executives
- Hospitality Executives
- Food and Beverages
- Flight Attendent